Sunday, October 16, 2011

Car Movies The Good

There many "car" movies that have been made over the years. I started a list of some of my favorites and it started to get a little long. I came up with thirteen pretty quickly. There are also a few movies I hope to see soon the I anticipate could make a top ten type list. I have yet to see the new movie Senna based on the life of Aryton Senna. here is a brief list of some movies I would recommend for the auto enthusiast.
Some of my favorite children's car movies are The original Herbie movies, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, and of course Pixar's Cars. There are the fun 70's classics like Blues Brothers, Smokey and the Bandit, Cannonball Run (early 80's really), and Convoy. These movies were all fun movies with lots of burnouts and crashes. How much better can you get. Some of the drama car films that I enjoy to watch are Greased Lighting, Grand Prix, and LeMans. LeMans and Grand Prix have some of the greatest car sounds ever. Crank up the volume on the TV when watching LeMans. There are some documentaries that one should see. Dust to Glory comes to mind. It is about the Baja 1000 race in Mexico. I hope to seen Truth in 24 soon. this documentary is about Audi preparing for the 2008 24 Hours of LeMans race.
If you get stuck in the house on a rainy or cold winter weekend check out some of these movies. There should be something on this list for all moods or tastes.

No comments:

Post a Comment