Saturday, November 5, 2011

Event: Albany New Auto Show





Every Fall for as long as I can remember the Capital District auto dealers have an auto show at the Empire State Plaza in Albany. It coincides withe Ski and Snow expo at the same location. I remember going there with my father and brother in 1983 to see the much anticipated all new Pontiac Trans Am. What a disappointment that was for an 11 year old fan of Smokey and the Bandit. I was horrified at what they did to the Bandit's Trans Am. Oh well.
This year I went with my family to see what auto makers have to offer for 2012. This is an auto show where you can get in and check out all the cars and trucks. Where else can three kids climb around in a $98,000 BMW 750Li like it is a jungle gym?
Some notable new models we were able to kick the tires on were The new New Beetle, Mini Cooper Coupe, Hyundai Veloster, and Buick Regal GS.
I took some time to show the kids what a luxury car feels like. We checked out the old world make Jaguar XF, Lincoln MKZ, Mercedes E350, Audi A7 and previously mentioned BMW 750Li. I was surprisingly impressed with the Suzuki Kisashi and Buick Regal GS. The car I would most want to take home was the Audi A5 S line. That car felt fast just sitting there.
Anyway it was a fun afternoon with the family kicking tires

No comments:

Post a Comment