Sunday, November 27, 2011

"New" New Beetle


So they dropped the "New" this time. It is just the Beetle again. I stopped at the local VW dealer this Saturday. They had a 2012 Beetle Turbo sitting out front that drew my curiosity. I didn't have time for a drive as I was supposed to be Christmas shopping. A quick glance at the window sticker had to do. This Car comes with VW's tried and true 2.0L Turbo four. In this model making 200hp. The sticker on this particular car was $25,000. That is a pretty good price for this engine. It is essentially the same engine that Audi sells in half their lineup (A3, A4, A5 and TT). Maybe this thing is worth a second look. Maybe the new marketing approach is working. My wife says it is starting to look like an old Porsche. I think she works for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment